Box #12 is called “Shinjin”. This is the last of the square boxes and the final box of the book. It was a pleasant box to bead due to its tiered structure. No problems to speak of except perhaps for one broken needle.
The colors I chose are completely different from the ones listed in the book but I really like the dark reds I used for my version. I also added 15/0 seed beads to the edges of the roofs and lid even though it is not specified in the book, if you look closely at the photo in the book you can see that this is what Julia did so I decided to do the same. It gives the box a more polished look.
I’m happy with the box and I am also happy to be done with this challenge. It has been mostly fun and I very much look forward to Julia’s next book of beaded vessels. ♥
- 8 mm Bronze Bohemian glass pearls for the feet and misc. red glass beads for the finial.
- Dark Bronze 11/0 seed beads
- Dark Bronze 8/0 seed beads
- Ceylon Color-Lined Blush 11/0 Miyuki Delica beads #0256
- S/L Glazed Dk Cranberry 11/0 Miyuki Delica beads #1685
- Matte Op Currant 11/0 Miyuki Delica beads #1584
- 6 lb Fireline, smoke
# broken beads 0
# broken needles 1
# broken threads 0