Box #11 is called “Tomcat”.
My thread tension wasn’t great when I was working on this box and that made the sides of the box a bit uneven. I suppose I was a bit tired and like with the previous shapes third boxes this was a big one and they tend to get a bit boring to bead, even though this is just the second square box.
It is pretty enough but it is not one of my favourites and I wont make another one.
I used the same colors as listed in the book except for the blue background and the green eyes.
The white matte beads caused a bit of a problem in the corners, one bead broke so I had to replace it and then the replacement bead also broke. Very frustrating. The third bead broke when I was stitching the feet on.
Just one box left to bead now.
- 11×7 mm Red Carnelian Czech Fire Polish Glass beads for the feet.
- Opaque Terra Cotta 11/0 and 15/0 seed beads
- Matte Op Cream 11/0 Miyuki Delica beads #0352
- Lt Caramel Ceylon 11/0 Miyuki Delica beads #0205
- S/L Light Bronze 11/0 Miyuki Delica beads #0181
- Dyed SF Tr Berry 11/0 Miyuki Delica beads #0773
- Matte Tr Root Beer 11/0 Miyuki Delica beads #0769
- Matte Op Sea Foam Luster 11/0 Miyuki Delica beads #0374
- Matte Tr Dk Emerald AB 11/0 Miyuki Delica beads #0859
- 6 lb Fireline, smoke
# broken beads 3
# broken needles 0
# broken threads 0