Box #10 is called “Tempest”. This is the first of the square boxes.
I decided to go with a completely different color palette for this little box since I have already made a small blue hexagon box. I think it turned out awesome. I like the gray-scale for this pattern.
The box was not challenging at all but I have had a lot of practice leading up to the square boxes so perhaps it would have been a different story had I started with it.
The base wouldn’t stay completely flat as you can see by the lid. Julia’s box lid is a little flatter than mine, most likely due to my tension being fairly loose.
I’m happy with the box and I enjoyed making it. 🙂
- 8 mm Black round glass pearls for the feet and a squared lampworked glass bead for the finial.
- Jet 11/0 seed beads
- Black 11/0 Miyuki Delica beads #0010
- White 11/0 Miyuki Delica beads #0200
- Matte Op Ghost Grey AB 11/0 Miyuki Delica beads #1598
- Op Grey 11/0 Miyuki Delica beads #0731
- 6 lb Fireline, smoke
# broken beads 0
# broken needles 0
# broken threads 0