Box #9 is called “Dragon”. This is the third and last of the pentagon boxes. I liked the colors used in the book so I tried my best to use all the colors listed. I couldn’t find the dark purple but I think I found a suitable substitute. The white is also a different shade of white. Also, my dragon is facing the opposite way because I like to bead the sides of the box with the inside facing me.
I made one mistake in the pattern but I discovered this so late in the process that I decided to leave it alone since the wrong color bead is on a corner of the box and replacing it would be very difficult.
I timed myself beading this box and it took me 16 hours to complete.
So that’s it for the pentagon boxes. I’ve enjoyed beading all three of them, 0 broken beads and only 1 broken needle. Good stuff!
Next up, the square boxes.
- 8 mm Light Purple Silver round wooden beads for the feet and a Purple lampworked drop bead for the finial.
- S/L Smoky Amethyst AB 11/0 seed beads
- Matte Iris Teal 11/0 seed beads
- Dyed SF Tr Dk Smoky Amethyst 11/0 Miyuki Delica beads #0784
- Op Mauve AB 11/0 Miyuki Delica beads #0158
- Matte Met Sage Green Luster 11/0 Miyuki Delica beads #0373
- Matte Op Golden Olive Luster 11/0 Miyuki Delica beads #0371
- Matte Tr Dk Emerald AB 11/0 Miyuki Delica beads #0859
- Dyed Light Apricot S/L Alabaster 11/0 Miyuki Delica beads #0621
- White 11/0 Miyuki Delica beads #0200
- 6 lb Fireline, smoke
# broken beads 0
# broken needles 0
# broken threads 0