Box #8 is called “Flower”. Another favourite, this pentagon shaped box was really fun to bead. I worked on it a few hours every day since the beads for it arrived. I didn’t time myself but it took at least the length of 4 movies, 1 episode of Boardwalk Empire and the first 2 seasons of The Big Bang Theory to complete.
The word map in the book had a few errors in it, at row 10 of the sides of the box. Download and check the errata here if you have this book.
I only used 2 of the colors listed in the book but I still used 2 shades green for the leaves and I chose to make the flower on the lid purple instead of red/pink as in the book. I’m happy with the result except perhaps for the fact that the dark purple kinda blends in with he dark green of the leaves.
- 8 mm Dark Silver Vintage Pink round wooden beads for the feet.
- S/L Smoky Amethyst AB 11/0 seed beads
- Matte Op Dk Grey AB 11/0 Miyuki Delica beads #0884
- Pale Violet Lined Crystal Luster 11/0 Miyuki Delica beads #0080
- Tr Smoky Amethyst AB 11/0 Miyuki Delica beads #0173
- Dyed Op Olive Drab 11/0 Miyuki Delica beads #0657
- Spkl Beige Lined Chartreuse 11/0 Miyuki Delica beads #0908
- Peach Topaz Gold Luster 11/0 Miyuki Delica beads #0102
- Dyed Light Apricot S/L Alabaster 11/0 Miyuki Delica beads #0621
- Spkl Antique Rose Lined Crystal AB 11/0 Miyuki Delica beads #1745
- 6 lb Fireline, smoke
# broken beads 0
# broken needles 0
# broken threads 0