Box #6 is called “New School”. This is the last of the hexagon boxes and therefore the largest of the 3. It has an enjoyable pattern with 7 different colors so it never got boring beading this box.
The word map in the book has a few errors in it, at row 11 and 12 of the base and according to the errata PDF available for download at Julia’s site there’s also 2 errors on row 21 and 27 of the sides of the box. I went ahead and corrected this in the book with a pen but once I got to row 21 I found that the word map is indeed different from the graph but the graph doesn’t follow the design of the box in the photograph. So I decided to follow the word map in the book and ignore the corrections. This way I ended up with a box that has the same color design as the box in the photograph.
I only used 2 of the colors listed in the book even though the black listed is clearly a brown in the photograph so it’s actually only 1 color that’s the same.
Up next are the pentagon boxes.
- 8 mm Orange round wooden beads for the feet and 6/0, 11/0, 15/0 seed beads and 18×6 mm Antique Silver metal-coated resin tube for the finial.
- Matte Iris Purple 11/0 seed beads
- Matte Op Dk Grey AB 11/0 Miyuki Delica beads #0884
- Black 11/0 Miyuki Delica beads #0010
- Tr Smoky Amethyst AB 11/0 Miyuki Delica beads #0173
- Matte Tr Lt Topaz AB 11/0 Miyuki Delica beads #0852
- Met Purple Gold Iris 11/0 Miyuki Delica beads #0029
- Spkl Pewter Lined Crystal AB 11/0 Miyuki Delica beads #1772
- Dyed Op Pumpkin 11/0 Miyuki Delica beads #0664
- 6 lb Fireline, smoke
# broken beads 0
# broken needles 4
# broken threads 0